Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013.

At the eve of something big, no matter the occasion, it always warrant a meaningful post or two. Due to this being typed while being bedridden with a persistent bug, which has so far overcame most medicine I threw at it, managing one is definitely too much for my plate. Planned to head off someplace to watch some fireworks, but couldn't risk turning my new year into a literal bang with blood and mangled flesh.

When you're sick, you've no choice but to think about stuff. Because you can barely do any other shit. You'd think about getting better; what would you do when you recover, the food you'd try, all the places you could have gone when you were down with whatever the fuck this is. You'd want to rest, in order to conquer this illness. Actually, you have to rest since there's not much you can do anyways because nobody likes you, that's why. 

Picture this though; people all dressed up, in a crowded enclosed area, cheering loudly on as they participated in exuberant merrymaking, anticipating for new year's day to come. For the old year to pass and to let all things run anew; letting bygones be bygones and all that forgiveness love-dovey stuff. Essentially, for the ball to drop. Then there's you, sitting in a dark enclosed room, illuminated by a bright monitor, typing in his blog about how he never get the new year eve that he wanted; how all his resolutions always go to hell. Basically, rants unfit for a public audience. Then, he'll keep telling himself that the new year will be better, not realizing that he's already doomed for eternity.

Hmm, this year. Lots of stuff happened, none quite memorable that they need special mention. And for the record, I have not grown any taller. That is actually the most mention-worthy item on my list; I do lead a stale routine daily. Oh and this blog. I started it this year. I tried writing stuff which could garner reasonable readers but ended up spiraling back into my usual pattern of alienating everyone who accidentally clicked on this unfortunate blogspace. Maybe it's time for another reboot? Or maybe I should just give it up? I know there's a difference between the two but I always end up with the wrong one. Only 50 posts this year, the entire 12 months of it too. So, I've got bloody uplifting statistics to boot.

Frankly, I can barely recall what happened in my life this very year much less that crappy subject filled with facts requiring nothing but dead memory power. I'm so fucked.

| Why do you cry at endings? There are no true ends. Each end bring about a new beginning and they are so much closer than you realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment