Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dramatizing.

I want to thank some very important people without whom this blog wouldn't have existed. It's been a long road since the my couple of blogs from before, indeed. I wouldn't have imagined myself still writing blogs and stuff when I first created my blogger account and that was so many years ago. I do feel so very old right now.

Who would've thought that an attempt to stay in touch with friends could become something so much more? True, what initially drove me to open a blog is an entirely different than what I have in mind now but that doesn't make it any less vital. In fact, without that innocent reason, I wouldn't be having this post written this very instance. It really just all boils down to the choices you make and what you do to keep going at it.

I like to write very much. There's a certain liberating sort of feel when I put words to all those feels that I couldn't express well in person. It's somewhat a rush for me when there are certain nights that all of it just clicks and flows. Effortless, everything just comes naturally and tonight is one of those precious nights. 

I wouldn't have figured out that I enjoy writing and have this blog as a platform without everyone that I've met up to point of my life. But there are a few select individuals whom has given a greater impact upon my writings than most and for that, it warrants a little appreciation even if they didn't ask for it at all. Heck, they might not even know about the impact that they have had on me. 

Lets take it from the top.

My family. Without them, I wouldn't have all that money to blow on my hoarding of books. Also, for the nurturing and care that took me from hating the language to being immersed in it. 

Teachers. I've been taught by quite a number of teachers but only one of few truly lived up to what teaching means, language wise, other subjects notwithstanding. An unnamed 'teacher' who gave me tuition classes. Unnamed because 'teacher' was all I called her through out the lessons which as recalled, were brutal. Next, my form 5 teacher - Pn Loh. I know our class weren't exactly the best and brightest therefore we're really lucky to have her then. She's fair; Gave credit when credit's due and punished when we deserved it. She's also the first teacher to give me confidence in my own writing and that was really all a student could ask for from a teacher.

Friends. I'm really lucky to have some pretty encouraging friends. There are those who helped mentally, physically and likewise. You do know who you are and so I wouldn't go into another long-winded account of how you all gave me a reason to continue writing. The point is, you were there then; you're still here now.

Last but not least, a thank you for all you anonymous readers! And for those unwary facebook friends who clicked on this link accidentally too!

I am one heck of a drama king if I may say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment