Saturday, April 2, 2016

White.

"Wake up!" said a voice.

I jumped, eyes opened. I was in a small room, and in front of me was a metallic table. On top of it, lies the only source of illumination in the room, a digital lamp, giving off a white glare. Blinded by it, I tried standing up but, I could not. Panicking as adrenaline pumps into my system, I tried again, harder this time. I am strapped to the chair. I struggled as I jerked harder each time, heaving my body upwards yet the chair remains unyielding.

What is the meaning of this? What is this place? Why am I here? I asked. At least, I thought I did, as I received no response from the other party. I looked around the room as I continued to escape my restraints, searching for the source of the voice which alarmed me. There was no one else in the room with me; it was completely empty aside from the table and lamp. I pushed against the table, it didn't bulge.

I need to get away from here! I thought as I was instilled by a sudden sense of urgency induced by my immobility. I was trapped. In this windowless room. I screamed for help, hoping that someone would come to my rescue. Then, the entire room lit up and I could only see white.


No comments:

Post a Comment